Course Description

Course Title : Child Development QQI Level 6

Kilroy’s College



Interested in a Career in Childcare?

With this QQI Child Development home study course you will become knowledgeable, skilled and competent in the theory and practice of child development.

The skills and knowledge measured by the QQI Child Development assessment project and examination were derived from an industry-wide and worldwide job task analysis. Earning the QQI Component Certificate proves that a candidate has the broad base of competency in the theory and practice of child development.


Course Contents

Child Development Theories & Application

Factors Affecting Child Development

Behaviour Management

Positive Relationships

Observations

Personal & Team Practice

Personal & Team Learning & Development

This course is ideal for childcare facility owners, managers, supervisors and individuals already involved in or new to childcare and who wish to gain a professional, nationally recognised and accredited qualification in childcare.


Child Development Course Assessment

Throughout the course material you will find self-assessments and exercises to complete. These should not be returned to the College. They are a form of self-examination and reflection and should be used as a study aid. As soon as you have completed the course and submitted your mandatory project to your Kilroy’s College tutor for assessment and grading you will be required to sit the theory examination. This exam can be sat in Kilroy’s College in our examination room based in Dublin 2 throughout the year. Please contact the College to arrange a suitable time to sit the theory exam. The project carries 60% of the final grade and the theory exam carries the remaining 40% of the final grade. All work submitted must be your own and the course must be completed within 12 weeks of receiving your study units. Work submitted will be marked by your tutor, checked by an internal verifier and also by an independent QQI external authenticator.

Confidentiality

All your course work and any correspondence with the college will be treated as strictly private and confidential. On the successful completion of your course, you will receive a QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Child Development (6N1942) from QQI in recognition of your educational achievement.


Advantages:

  • The College is open all year, so you can start studying at any time.
  • This Child Development QQI Level 6 course allows you the flexibility and confidentiality of studying at home without having to take time out from work or other personal commitments.
  • It offers you valuable savings in time and transportation because you complete your entire course from home.
  • Once enrolled, you will receive everything that you need to get started in your student study pack.

 


Course Code 6N1942
College Name Kilroy’s College
Course Category Childcare, Education
Course Type Distance Learning
Course Location Dublin, Ireland
Location Postcode Dublin 2
Delivery mode Distance Learning
Course Fee 198
Course Duration 12 weeks
Course Times All year enrolling
Awarding Body QQI
Title of Awarding QQI Level 6 Component Certificate in Child Development
Entry Requirements Learners will be required to draw upon practical experience during the course of the module. Therefore they must be either currently working, or on pre-arranged work placement (a minimum of 20 hours per module), in an ECCE settings.
For information about Kilroy’s College, please visit our college page on www.nightcourses.com by clicking here.

Course Provider

Kilroy’s College



(01) 662 0539
Wentworth House, Dublin, Republic of Ireland

Make Enquiry


Please insert your contact details and any additional information you require and we will forward your request to the organisation in question.

Captcha code        I confirm I have read the Privacy Policy, Terms and Conditions & Cookie Information and agree to join the Nightcourses.com community.
 

Map